Survival, horror at the sunless depths of the Pacific Ocean: Stranded on the seafloor with low light and few tools, an industrial diver takes desperate steps to surface before his oxygen — and sanity — give out.
This first person survival story unfolds from inside a half-ton, high-tech dive suit — a “walking coffin." Influenced and inspired by a growing appetite for unconventional horror and narrative-driven games, Narcosis is rooted in reality, but steeped in the surreal.
- Pressure Kills: High-stress situations accelerate oxygen intake, distorting sight, sound, space and time.
- Hostile Waters: A knife, flashlight and flares are essential to surviving the nightmarish flora and fauna of the abyss.
- Phantom Narrative: The survivor’s account unfolds in inexplicable ways alongside the player’s journey.
- Beyond Good and Evil: No shadowy organizations or eldritch terrors, only primal fears and human limits.
- Abyssal Ambience: A haunting soundtrack includes a closing theme from celebrated composer Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill series)
- Terror Verite: Primal fears — darkness, confinement and isolation — take on new levels of immersion when experienced in VR.
About Honor Code:
Based in France and California, Honor Code’s collective resume includes such games and series as Assassin’s Creed, Dead Secret, Metal Gear Solid, Remember Me, Republique, The Silent Age, and Silent Hill.